found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

jeankoehler

found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

There is a bug in the calculations of the Final Grade.  We have setup our first semester grade to be 45% first quarter, 45% second quarter, and 10% midterm.  The setup for that grade is fine and calculates correctly.  Then we set up our Final grade to be 37.5% 1st semester, 37.5% 2nd semester, and 25% final exam.  On the surface that looks correct, but when I click on the arrow to expand the 1st semester grade (within the final grade category), I find that the %'s are all equal; this lets the Midterm count in the final grade for more than we intended.  I have editted the %'s of the weights for 1st semester to be 16.875, 16.875, and 3.75 and there is a definite difference in final grade.  How do I report this to Power School?  I can't find anywhere that lets me submit an error report.  Please see image below for more info.

s1 expanded in f1 category.png

1 Reply
Community Support Expert JanD
Community Support Expert

Re: found 'bug' in Final grade calculations

Hello Jean -

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!

This type of issue should be reported through your district's Technical Support representative to PowerSchool via the regular support channels.  I will reach out to you through a private message with additional details.

Thank you,

Jan D.

PowerSchool Community Moderator

@jeankoehler wrote:

There is a bug in the calculations of the Final Grade.  We have setup our first semester grade to be 45% first quarter, 45% second quarter, and 10% midterm.  The setup for that grade is fine and calculates correctly.  Then we set up our Final grade to be 37.5% 1st semester, 37.5% 2nd semester, and 25% final exam.  On the surface that looks correct, but when I click on the arrow to expand the 1st semester grade (within the final grade category), I find that the %'s are all equal; this lets the Midterm count in the final grade for more than we intended.  I have editted the %'s of the weights for 1st semester to be 16.875, 16.875, and 3.75 and there is a definite difference in final grade.  How do I report this to Power School?  I can't find anywhere that lets me submit an error report.  Please see image below for more info.

s1 expanded in f1 category.png

We appreciate your participation in the PowerSchool Community.

JanD
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!