Q. As a Student, how do I view feedback on my work that my teacher has handed back through the Assignments area of the Activities tab. Do I have to download the file?
A. You can view your teacher's handed-back notes for any Assignment by selecting the View Work button next to your originally-submitted file, or by downloading the notes to your computer.
Please note: The Assignment Annotator (powered by Moxtra), is only available to School & District Edition accounts of PowerSchool Learning at this time.
Using the View Work button
If your teacher has reviewed and handed back a document through the Assignment Annotator, a View Work option will be visible next to your originally submitted document.
- Find the Assignment on the Activities tab and choose View Work
Note: You may not see this button if your teacher is still reviewing your work or if they are annotating directly in Google or OneDrive.
- The View Work area will open a popup, where you will have the choice to View Live or to Download.
- Selecting View Live will open your containing your document in the Annotator, along with all of your teacher's notes, comments, highlights, and other annotations.
Remember: Even after handing back your document, teachers can continue to add, edit, and remove annotations. The View Live option will always contain the current state of your document, and a new PDF snapshot of Teacher Notes is generated each time they hand your Assignment back.
Downloading Teacher Notes
If you'd like a point-in-time copy of your Teacher Notes, you can always download the PDF copy that is generated when your teacher hands back your document.
- Navigate to your Assignment through the Assignments area of the Activities tab.
- Find the message from your Teacher that contains a PDF labeled "Teacher Notes." Click on the name of the file, or select the Download button to download the file to your computer or device.
- Use your favorite PDF reader to view the file.
Looking to annotate files as a Teacher? Find out how.