warnings when importoing from SIS

johnhylkema
Hobbyist

warnings when importoing from SIS

I would like to know more about what causes a warning when importing from our PowerSchool SIS.  What are the causes of the warnings?  Is there a list of items?   What changes or adjustments do I need to make in the SIS to bring the number of warnings down?

I found information for import errors but have had no success finding documentation on what causes a warning.  I would rather make adjustments to the SIS side rather than adjust my import warning threshold.

3 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnhylkema 

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

You may receive error messages and warnings when the Learning importer checks data, based on the content and quality of your CSV import files. You can refer to this article to know the different types of errors, why they occur and how they can be fixed.

Usually, it is best to troubleshoot in order users.csv -> classes.csv -> rosters.csv due to cascading effects.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

johnhylkema
Hobbyist

Thank you.  How do I track this warning to the SIS?

teacher_id: T201 does not exist.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnhylkema!

Thank you for the query!

The Teacher ID is the import_id in PowerSchool Learning.  To update or link an account the Admin would need to enter the import_id to match the Teacher_ID on the import file.  Would you confirm the same and let us know if you are still receiving the error?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!