copying content blocks from one class to another

jharper

copying content blocks from one class to another

I tried to copy an announcement content block from one class to another.  The block was copied but the content (announcements) were not.  I also tried moving it and the same thing happened except now, the announcement block does not have any more announcements and the content seems to be lost.  Is there any way to get that back.  I have tried the admin panel to use the recovery tool but to no avail.  Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: copying content blocks from one class to another

Hi @jharper

Thank you for reaching out about this! The Announcement block is a container that displays the announcements within the class. Can you check your Messages > Announcements tab in the class you moved from to see if the missing announcements are listed there? If they are, and you create a new Announcements block, your announcements should list in the block. You can also try moving the Announcement block back to the original class and it should populate with the Announcements you had created. If you are not seeing any announcements under the Messages tab, and these suggestions don't quite help, please let us know and we can take a closer look.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: copying content blocks from one class to another

Hi @jharper

Happy to hear that worked! Please let us know if we can continue to help.

Moving the block back to the original class worked. I then just recopied the whole class including the announcements and they transferred successfully.  Thanks for your help!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager