Work awaiting review

Highlighted
mlibby
Teacher

Work awaiting review

How can I quickly see what work has been turned into me? Without going to each individual class and scanning each individual assignment/assessment?

8 Replies
Community Moderator joshk
Community Moderator

Re: Work awaiting review

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your question! While there is currently not a function in PowerSchool Learning to view submitted assignments outside of the assessment level, we would be happy to share this feedback with our Product Team to better inform them of the features the Community would like to see in the future! One quick way to see new items within a class would be to select the "What's New" option within Learning:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/My-Account/How-can-I-tell-what-is-new-in-my-Class/ta-p/494

We would also love to hear any additional feedback or tips you or any other members of the Community may have in regard to Learning! Please feel free to share your thoughts and feedback and again, thank you for sharing your question with the PowerSchool Community!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Moderator

mlibby
Teacher

Your link does not work.

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Hi!

Thank you for catching the issue with the link to our help site. You can find the corrected link to the information about the "What's New" option in PowerSchool Learning here: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/My-Account/How-can-I-tell-what-is-new-in-my-Class/ta-p/494

I've also submitted an enhancement request ticket to our Learning development, since adding a global work awaiting review feature would be a fantastic addition to PowerSchool Learning. If you have any more questions or ideas, please feel free to share them with the PowerSchool Community!

Scott S.
mlibby
Teacher

As a continuation on this problem... I have a student who waited until the end of the quarter to turn everything in (that's a totally different issue!). The student comes in and says he has completed everything. So I go into PSL. There is nothing that would indicate that any work has come in recently. I go to "What's New?" and it tells me there are 19 new "assignment messages". I select that link thinking I will be sent to a list of all the new "Assignment messages".....but all it does is take me to my Assessments tab. Even at that level there is no way of seeing which assessments are awaiting review. In assessments, it gives you no indication someone new has finished an assessment. I have to go into each one and see if there is anything awaiting review. 

I have better things to do PSL! How about if we select "what's new" it takes us to a list of new things that I can go in and correct and remove from the "what's new" list?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out with these additional details and for taking a look at the article we shared. The What's New feature includes Announcements, Discussions, the Inbox, and Assignments. It sounds like you are looking specifically at new Assignments.

I'll share what I see in one of my classes, just to be sure it's working the same way for you. If what you are seeing does not quite match what I'm sharing, please be sure to reach out to our support team who can take a look at your specific class and your settings. You can submit a request by logging into your Learning account and reaching out through your Help menu and selecting Support Form.

What's New should work like this:

New_Assignments.png

Clicking on that number should take you to the Assignments tab, where you'll see that number displayed:

Assignment Count.png

You should see numbers next to View Work of what needs review.

View_Work.png

One way I also like looking at this view is by selecting View By Student. That way, when I'm reviewing a student's work, I can look for that student specifically.

By_Student.png

I hope what I've shared matches what you see as well. You also mentioned Assessments. Since that's not included in the What's New area, I can go ahead and add that note to the feedback we shared with our team. 

Thanks, again, for reaching out. 

Jbidk

PowerSchool Community Manager

mlibby
Teacher

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately your article does not give any further insight. I know where to find all the assignments, the problem I see is that I have to search at all. I have 4 sections on my class so when you say go to what's new then click on the number and it has the assignments listed....that does not work for me. Also, I give a lot of Assessements as homework. There doesn't seem to be any new work indicator for those items as you show in the article. Do you see what I mean? If I have students do homework on Edmodo for example, I would get a list of all new work for every assignment and every assessment. Are you familiar with that site? 

Thanks

mlibby
Teacher

Just as a follow up to my last comments.... the Assignments peice is better than the Assessments. With the Assessments I had to go though all of them and find what that student had done. 

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Thank you for the additonal feedback on what's working well for you, and what you'd like to see in future updates to PowerSchool Learning. I've added your feedback to the enhancement request that I sent up for you so that our dev team can see it and evaluate it for a future version of PowerSchool Learning.

Scott S.