What is the best way to suggest new features considering the link the FAQ is broken?

aciuffo
Practitioner

What is the best way to suggest new features considering the link the FAQ is broken?

What is the best way to suggest features, improvements and changes? Is there a place PSL admins can make direct requests?

The link to the feature requests FAQ page is broken and the screen shots in this FAQ don't quite match the site so I can't find my way to the suggested page. 

Is this forum the best place to make suggestions? Is there a place to vote on suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies
Community Support Expert PS_CustomerChampions
Community Support Expert

Re: What is the best way to suggest new features considering the link the FAQ is broken?

@aciuffo

Thank you for posting your question in the Learning Forum. We reached out to PS Learning Support for help and have learned that the FAQ page is currently down. To get the best help, we suggest reaching out directly to Learning Support. They would be more than happy to help. Please let me know if you have any further questions! Have a great day. 

aciuffo
Practitioner

Re: What is the best way to suggest new features considering the link the FAQ is broken?

By what means should we reach out to support? I have sent emails to support@powerschool.com with mixed response rates. Is that the best place to make feature requests and enhancements? 

Is there a place where we can view and "up-vote" feature requests other than this forum? 

Your customer service line for administrators is *very* effective, and I really appreciate how helpful your support staff is over the phone. Having worked as a support tech, I don't feel like calling the support line is a great way to make a feature request.

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

This is a great question!  We love to hear feedback and suggestions for PowerSchool products.  PowerSchool has created a process to allow suggestions and feedback to be submitted to the PowerSchool Product Team using a faster method.  To submit a suggestion or feedback to PowerSchool, I recommend creating a case directly with the PowerSchool Learning Support Team in the Case Portal within the Community.  You can also submit a post in the Community Learning forum.  This will allow PowerSchool to submit your feedback directly to the PowerSchool Product Team.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
aciuffo
Practitioner

@jamiem7 wrote:

PowerSchool has created a process to allow suggestions and feedback to be submitted to the PowerSchool Product Team using a faster method.  To submit a suggestion or feedback to PowerSchool, I recommend creating a case directly with the PowerSchool Learning Support Team in the Case Portal within the Community

Can you please share a direct link to the case portal?

Is the case portal under the "Contact Support" menu item at the top of this forum? I see that for PowerSchool Learning the "Contact Support" menu directs me to, "Visit the Help menu located inside of your PowerSchool Learning account to contact Support."  The help menu eventually drives me back here to the PowerSchool Community or to submitting a support ticket.

Is a support ticket the best way to ask for a feature? How can we see what other features are requested and voice our support for those suggestions?

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.03.02 AM.png

Thanks for clarifying this.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for walking through the steps of reaching out to Learning Support!  I apologize for not providing the step of navigating to the Learning site to create a Support case.  To create a support case within Learning, you will want to hover over the help site and choose Support form.  

If a suggestion is submitted through PowerSchool Learning Support the suggestion will not be viewable by other PowerSchool Learning users.  All suggestions posted in the Learning forum can be viewed by other Community members.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!