What formats for are supported for imported Question Banks?

aciuffo
Achiever

What formats for are supported for imported Question Banks?

In the Assessment > Import Tab I see the following message:

You can import questions from Blackboard versions 6+. If you are using ExamView, you have to export the questions to Blackboard 6-7 format.

Are Blackboard 6+ question banks the only supported format? Are there others? What criteria should we be looking for when making inquiries with our vendors?

Is there a list of standards somewhere? Also, are there tools for converting question banks into the BlackBoard 6+ format?

1 Reply
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: What formats for are supported for imported Question Banks?

Currently, PowerSchool Learning accepts question imports from Canvas, Blackboard versions 6+ and some Common Cartridge question files. If you are using ExamView you will want to use Blackboard 6-7 format to create your export file, then bring it into PowerSchool Learning through the Import Questions area of the Add Question(s) menu.

I have attached three articles below that will guide you through the Question Library and the process of importing/exporting standards.

How Do I Add Questions to Question Library

What are the specifications for standard imports?

How do Import and Export Standards in PowerSchool Learning?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!