Turnitin Peermark not functioning in PSL

MArcher
Novice

Turnitin Peermark not functioning in PSL

My students are experiencing a reoccurring concern when completing peer edit tasks by using Peermark in Turnitin via the LTI & Scorm activity.  Specifically, if a student starts a review but wants to come back to it later, the system does open the student's own paper--not the assigned peer paper.  Another student finished one review and started the second one, but the system again opened the student's own paper instead.  Any thoughts?

6 Replies
Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Re: Turnitin Peermark not functioning in PSL

Hi @MArcher,

Thank you for your post!  We are aware you have reached out to Support for assistance and we greatly appreciate your approach.  We have not heard of anybody else experiencing the same issue, but if there are others we do encourage them to post here.  We have reached out to our Support team and will continue to do so.  Once we have more information we will be happy to follow up. 

Please stay tuned within the Community for updates as we receive them.   

Thank you,

Angelam
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MArcher,

After following up with the support team, we were advised of a couple of options since the issue appears to happen when attempting to turn in assignments with Turnitin, which is a third party software.  The support team recommends reaching out to Turnitin Customer Support or possibly un-installing Turnitin, and then re-installing the software.  

I hope this information is useful and thank you for posting in the Community!

Best,

Angelam
MArcher
Novice

Thank you for the follow up. To be clear, the students are consistently successful in turning in work.  The issue is with completing peer edit work with PeerMark.  I have reached out to Turnitin and they are taking action.  

Community Moderator

Hi @MArcher,

Thank you for following up and glad to hear Turnitin is seeking a resolution.  If there is anything else we can assist with or any other questions you may have please let us know!

Best,

Angelam
MArcher
Novice

Hello!

The support person at Turnitin is having difficulty investigating the issue.  Today, I received notice that she cannot enter PowerSchool using the username and password for the URL we provided.  Here is the error message she is getting when trying to log in.  What can I suggest to her?image.png

Community Moderator

Hello @MArcher,

Thank you for your post and for providing an update!  Per the screenshot that was provided, and reaching out to support they recommended attemting the login from another browser.  We recommend Google Chrome as an alternate browser to use.  Also, the District should be able to provide Turnitin the credentials to login with.  If the username and password is incorrect, then the District should confirm the correct credentials have been provided.  

I hope this information is helpful!

Best,

Angelam