Teacher with a Question on Subscription Level and GB Storage Space

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Teacher with a Question on Subscription Level and GB Storage Space

Since it's clear to me that Haiku will no longer allow me to buy more GB space for my class, and downgrading in July 2020,  it would be helpful to know a few follow up things.

1.)    Is there a specific date in July when the downgrade will happen?  

2.).   If my class already contains far over the 2 GB limit by that point, will it affect the access to content in my class? 

3.).  If I remove content to make more storage space, will that immediately free up room? Or do I have to wait? Right now my subscription (4.6 GB) has remained the same even though I've uploaded a lot more content. So I don't understand if it's even updated. 

All these things are crucial to know if I'm going to be a professional teacher on this site. Can someone please help answer these questions, and not just refer me to other threads with generic and non-helpful answers?  Thank you. 

I am really worried about the class suddenly being unreachable in the middle of my course if students cannot upload their class work because of storage limit. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Re: Teacher with a Question on Subscription Level and GB Storage Space

*excuse me, I meant "unreachable" 

Highlighted
Hobbyist

UNTEACHABLE!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Lissajensen,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

1.)  Is there a specific date in July when the downgrade will happen?
           The storage will be downgraded in June last week.

2.). If my class already contains far over the 2 GB limit by that point, will it affect the access to content in my class?
         It won't affect the content in the class.

3.). If I remove content to make more storage space, will that immediately free up room? Or do I have to wait? Right now my subscription (4.6 GB) has remained the same even though I've uploaded a lot more content. So I don't understand if it's even updated.
            If you remove the content to make more storage it will take two days to free up the room. Students won't be able to upload their classwork 

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!