Suggestions for analytics filters and analysis for identifying "soft" use among users

Highlighted
Achiever

Suggestions for analytics filters and analysis for identifying "soft" use among users

We are in our first full year of PSL and would like to identify teachers and students that might not be using the platform regularly. The goal is to identify teachers and students that might be struggling to use the platform regularly so we can offer training, support or help as needed.

What filters in the Analytics console and then further analysis do you use to help identify students and teachers that might be struggling to use PSL effectively. 

I've used the Account Activity Summary under the "Activities Summary" tab and sorted by Visits and Minutes over the last 60 days to get an idea of who might be having login trouble (0 logins) or similar issues.

I feel like there's deeper analysis I could be doing, especially looking at student engagement and consistent use. It would be nice to see which classes students find super engaging as well to see if there are lessons that can be learned from those classes and shared with other staff members.

Does anyone have suggestions for best practices or tips?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Suggestions for analytics filters and analysis for identifying "soft" use among users

Hey @aciuffo

Thank you for reaching out for assistance in the PowerSchool community!

Analytics tracks visits, hits and minutes, and the primary way this is used is to compare a student's relative data for those data points to other students. 

I will submit a feature request to the products team to further improve analysis to identify students and teachers that might be struggling to use PowerSchool Learning effectively. 

Do let us know if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!