Students are not able to see my comments on their assessements/exams?

Highlighted
BlueRio
Hobbyist

Students are not able to see my comments on their assessements/exams?

This used to be a feature. I am still able to  make notes - yet it seems students cannot see the notes. Am I missing something or doing something wrong or did this feature go away? 

3 Replies
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Students are not able to see my comments on their assessements/exams?

Hello @BlueRio

I'd like to confirm that your question is for PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics rather than PowerSchool Learning's Assessment feature.

PowerSchool Learning allows you to comment on assessments, and students should be able to view the comments when they view the assessment results by clicking on the speech bubble icon to the right of the attempt. However, if your class has been integrated into your school's PowerSchool SIS, commenting on assessments should be disabled and students will be unable to see the comments.

If you are creating assessments in PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics, there currently isn't a method to create comments on assessments that students can view. If you would like to see this added as a feature in a future update to PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics, I would be happy to submit a suggestion to our development team for review.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
BlueRio
Hobbyist

Thank you. Truthfully I am not sure anymore what I am referring to - so many changes have been made.  I think mybe it is PowerSchool Learning's Assessment feature.

I am a solo account teacher - not a school and I use Haiku which changed to powerschool. I create exams under tab of assessments. Students can see one overall note but not notes on each question per attempt. 

Thank you,

Jessi 

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

It's my pleasure. I understand the confusion after the name changes. Haiku is now called PowerSchool Learning, so any questions about your Solo account can be posted in the PowerSchool Learning forum. I've moved this thread over to the PowerSchool Learning forum for you so that other PowerSchool Learning users can join in on the conversation.

Since you're a solo teacher, there are a few things to consider. When your students try to view the results of the assessment, has the assessment been closed? Assessments with an ending date that aren't set to be taken at any time during the class must be closed before students can see the assessment results.

If the assessment set to be enabled to be taken at any time during the class, students should be able to see the comments if they have completed all of their allotted attempts on the assessment.

Also, if the assessment is set for Restricted Access, you will need to assign a password for viewing the results and pass that password to students before they can view the results.

The following article in our Knowledgebase touches on viewing assessments:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Assessments/Can-students-view-the-results-of-their-tests-an...

If the assessment is closed, or is an open-ended assessment, students should be able to see the speech bubble to view your comments. If the assessment meets the criteria and the speech bubbles aren't appearing, please let us know. We may need to loop in our team to further troubleshoot this issue for you.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!