Students and Parents Unable to Open PDF files

Highlighted
Padawan

Students and Parents Unable to Open PDF files

In Power School, I've upladed several PDF's and parents / students cannot open them. What should I do? parents and students are logged into the site.

4 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Students and Parents Unable to Open PDF files

What PowerSchool Platform are you using? PowerSchool SIS? PowerSchool Learning? Unified Classroom?

Highlighted
Padawan

Power School Learning

Lake Washington School District

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jhowerton,

I am happy to help you, In order to troubleshoot further, it would be greatly appreciated if you can answer the following questions.

• Are you able to download the PDFs to your computer and open them with a PDF viewer like Adobe Reader?
  • Are the Parents and Students able to download the PDFs onto their computer?
  • Is this only affecting all PDFs or only the specific ones that you recently uploaded?

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I noticed a file I tried uploading yesterday was never really uploaded. I see it shadowed out and a day later when I click on it I receive the message "The file is still be uploaded and will be available soon."  So in some cases the files may not actually be on PowerSchool Learning servers.  Even connecting to PowerSchool Learning or UC's Class Pages is hit and miss.

Obviously PowerSchool hasn't been able to throw enough resources at PowerSchool Learning and Unified Classroom to meet up with the increase demands. (Interesting enough, Schoology has experienced very few issues...obviously a much better product and development team...) I would say "Patience Grashopper" but that wears thin after two weeks.