Some documents not opening in annotator

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some documents not opening in annotator

Why is it that some pdf and/or jpeg documents  can load in the annotator and some cannot?   

10 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Some documents not opening in annotator

I have had similar issues. I really like the annotator feature and how it automatically transfers grades over to the grade book, but many times I will click the next student button and a sign showing "student has not submitted an assignment that can be annotated" when they have gone through the same turn in process as the student I just got done grading.

It is not the largest deal in the world, but something I was wondering if there was a way around. 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @webartlett@kyleberg,

A known reason that can cause this issue would be that the documents were submitted in a "unconvertable" state.  To help troubleshoot further, would you please provide more information if you have seen this behavior with subsequent PDF uploads from Google Drive, or if it was only files submitted on a particular day?

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

PSL Error.png

Here is an example

Highlighted
Hobbyist

And some that don't open are actually legit properly formatted Google Documents ... look here 

image.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

So glad I am not the only one with the issue.  I gave up the other day, just because I needed to get the grades in.  But as a math teacher - the kids really need me to give them the feedback, and it only is really valuable feedback if I can notate on their work where the mistakes are. 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @webartlett@tmcknight,

We were unable to reproduce the error message in our tests.  To be able to determine the cause of the error, we would require the files that are producing the error message.

To avoid any private information from being disclosed on a public forum, I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Learning support team via the help option located within your Learning account.  This should allow the team to take a closer look at the files to further troubleshoot the issue.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

I am not sure how I would be able to provide you with the document - when the whole issue is that it would not open in annotator ... see the image above - in the original post.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Follow up ... the file in question shows as a "Google Doc" ... 

Highlighted
Hobbyist