Sharing a Class and Data

Highlighted
cdrysdale
Padawan

Sharing a Class and Data

Hi all!

I have recently had a class shared with me and when I look at my subscription my use of data has not changed. I am concerned that if the teacher who shared content with me was to delete their account, then the class that was shared with me would also be deleted???

Can anyone clarify why I have used less than 1% of my storage space when adding this class. N.B. I am using a free teacher solo account and I have made the shared class active.

Thank you in advance!!

3 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Sharing a Class and Data

Good Afternoon @cdrysdale!

Thank you for posting in our community! When you receive a share link and add that content to your classes, you are getting your own copy, which is not connected to the original classes. Any changes, deletions of content, etc. on the original should not affect your copy. Additionally, the class that is shared would only have the content and not any of the data from the class such as rosters, grades, etc. 

Here is a little more information on how sharing content works in Learning:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Classes-Pages-Blocks/How-do-I-share-content-with-other-teac...

If you have any trouble accessing the share link or the class that was shared, please let us know. 

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
cdrysdale
Padawan

Hi JoshK,

Thank you for your reply. The only thing I am concerned about is that I am using less than 1% of my 2GB of storage space, despite now having numerous classes on my account. I am using Google Drive in the background. The classes have over 10 pages each with a lot of content on each pacge. Do you have an explanation as to why this is the case?

Kind regards,

Cathie.

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon @cdrysdale!

Thank you for your response! There are several ways in which one can save on storage space within Learning. Practices using Google Drive, embedding, and linking instead of uploading are a few examples of how users can reduce storage space. The following article may be a helpful reference for reducing storage space in Learning as well: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-General-FAQs/Quick-tips-on-how-to-limit-your-storage-needs/....

it sounds like you may be following these suggestions and maximizing your storage use as a result. However, if you feel we should dig a bit more on your specific usage, it would be best to connect with a support agent who can look more closely at your account. Here is how: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-My-Account/What-do-I-do-if-I-need-more-help-as-a-Solo-Accou....

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!