Section not available for Import

johnhylkema
Hobbyist

Section not available for Import

I have a teacher who teaches 4 sections of a course.  She made a master class and I was able to import 3 of her 4 sections.  When I go through the section import process, that particular section does not even show up.

It is part of the data brought over from the SIS (PowerSchool 19.4.5.) In fact, what the teacher has done is just activated the class made at import.  Now she has to manage two different classes.  

Thoughts

3 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Did she accidently active the default class page that is made by PowerSchool Learning?  That will keep you from being able to import the students because they are already assigned to a class page. If she looks at the active classes and that period is there, make it inactive and try to import again.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

johnhylkema
Hobbyist

That's what I thought too.   She had them activated before I helped her make the master class.  I tried again to make that section inactive but it didn't take.

What I find strange, ven is that when I try to import that section, all the sections show up except for that one even though the other three have already been linked to a section in the master class.

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

This is strange. I just helped a teacher with the same thing via Zoom on Thursday and it worked. Once the class became inactive it freed up the students for import.  Has she tried it again? With all of the PS Learning and UC issues this week you might try again.  Hopefully support can find away to let the kids loose from the back end.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000