Register Link is not Working on Power School Learning---Please Help

Highlighted
caseyjohnson7
Novice

Register Link is not Working on Power School Learning---Please Help

I have a solo teacher account. When my students try to "register," the link does not work.  Suggestions?

9 Replies
Community Admin
Community Admin

Re: Register Link is not Working on Power School Learning---Please Help

Good Morning @caseyjohnson7!

Thank you for your post! The issue you described here is tied to a known issue. At this time our team is aware of the error and is currently working toward a resolution.

Since this is a feature that’s not currently working as expected, we recommend in the meantime opening a support request to report your particular instance to our Development Team. Support cases may be submitted using the steps in the following KB article: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-My-Account/What-do-I-do-if-I-need-more-help-as-a-Solo-Accou....

Once a Support case has been submitted, there should be a followup from our Team once a resolution has been reached. We do apologize for any inconvenience and thank you both for taking time to report it as well as for your patience as we work to make those corrections!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin 

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
christicraig
Journeyman

Josh,

I'm having this same issue as well and am happy to fill out a support request. However, the course I'm running begins in a few days. While I wait for the link to be fixed, can students create a new account via the main mylearning.powerschool.com account setup page and then go back to the invitation link/code?

Thanks,

Christi Craig

Community Admin
Community Admin

Good morning @christicraig!

I reached out to gather some more information on your followup. The current workaround for now would be to either:

1) Have the student create a solo teacher account and he/she can use that to sign up for the class, or

2) When in the signup/registration page, open up the html interface developer tools on your browser (ctrl/shift/i) , choose the console tab and enter this command: Element.toggle('new_account'). 

Please let me know if either solution proves to be successful and once the issue has been resolved by our Development Team normal functionality should be restored.

Best,

JoshK

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
sdeyton
Trainee

The toggle command works, but students are not in the classroom with me and will not be able to do that.

jpeacock
Journeyman

I have a class starting in a few days and my new students can not register either.

I tried the one suggestion of going into html mode (Ctl-shift - i) but that did not work.

Please help!

philcook
Novice

For what it's worth, I'm getting panicky emails from students who can't sign in (although they're just trying to get a head start on summer homework assignments...) Smiley Happy

christicraig
Journeyman

If the Register link is still not working, try this:

If you're new to PowerSchool/Haiku Learning, go to the main account setup page: https://mylearning.powerschool.com/do/account/signup

1. Create an account.
2. Choose organization type and be sure to click your correct time zone. (my students chose "other" since I teach online writing courses solo)

Once the account is created, they should be able to log in and see the course on their dashboard (as long as their email is in your roster list). Otherwise, once their account is created, you can resend the course invitation email.

Hope that helps!
Community Admin
Community Admin

Good Morning All!

Thank you for your followup posts. We have reached out to our Product Team and shared your feedback with them. We should have an update soon and we will post that update as soon as it is available! 

Best,

JoshK

MarkD
Rookie

Hello Josh,

I opened a support ticket some time ago. We are having to manually create accounts for students using the Element.toggle('new_account') workaround. But it's time consuming to the point where it's becoming a job in itself.

I've been told the registration fix will be part of an update due sometime this summer. Can we get an estimated date? 

Thanks