Quick Add documentation

Highlighted
traviscullitan
Journeyman

Quick Add documentation

I've been playing around with the Quick Add feature on the calendar and it's pretty neat. It looks like if I put "due" in the Quick Add bar, an assignment gets created e.g "Chapter 1 due June 15 8pm . If I ommit "due", then an event is created e.g. "Chapter One June 15 8pm to 11pm". (Interestingly Chapter 1 June 15 8pm to 11pm is parsed at 6/1/2015)

Is there a list of all the key words for the Quick Add feature?

It would be pretty nice if I could type in "Chapter 1 due June 15 20pts" and have the the Total points on the assignment fill in automatically as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator camreanR
Community Moderator

Re: Quick Add documentation

Hi there Traviscullitan!

Thanks for reaching out about this! By default "Quick Add" adds an event to the calendar. It's not possible to change points using the Quick Add bar, but you can use Announce: before the title to create an Announcement, or Assign: before the title to create an assignment. Additionally using "due" and a date or time creates an assignment with that due date. For example typing "Chapter 1 due June 15 15 7p" would create an assignment titled Chapter 1 with a due date of June 15th 2015 at 7:00PM. 

I hope that clears things up! Please let us know if you have any questions, or need more help.

2 Replies
Community Moderator amandaa
Community Moderator

Thank you for your question.

We do not have a resource listed with that information but we would be happy to look into this with our team.  

Amanda
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Community Moderator camreanR
Community Moderator

Hi there Traviscullitan!

Thanks for reaching out about this! By default "Quick Add" adds an event to the calendar. It's not possible to change points using the Quick Add bar, but you can use Announce: before the title to create an Announcement, or Assign: before the title to create an assignment. Additionally using "due" and a date or time creates an assignment with that due date. For example typing "Chapter 1 due June 15 15 7p" would create an assignment titled Chapter 1 with a due date of June 15th 2015 at 7:00PM. 

I hope that clears things up! Please let us know if you have any questions, or need more help.