Purging/Deleting Old Files

norskk
Trainee

Purging/Deleting Old Files

How do I delete or purge old files/assignment to decrease unnecessary storage use?

5 Replies
Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Re: Purging/Deleting Old Files

Hello @norskk,

Thank you for your post!  I understand you are requesting to delete or purge old files and assignments in order to have more storage use available. We will be glad to assist, but would you please provide where you are viewing the content?  This information will be helpful so we can provide further instruction on how to proceed.  

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,

Angelam
PowerSchool Community Moderator
norskk
Trainee

I don't understand the question... I just look within admin interface, looking at various courses and the like...

Community Moderator

Hi @norskk,

Thank you for your response and for providing the information.  To make sure I understand you correctly, are you requesting to know the steps to take to delete the old files?  If not, then you would locate the files and delete them.  

Best,

Angelam
norskk
Trainee

The steps to purge/delete old files in bulk. As in old assigmments, deleted files/videos from courses etc... Not individually, as it would be insanely time consuming.

Community Moderator

Hello @norskk,

Thank you for the information!  I totally understand how time-consuming it would be to identify and delete old or unnecessary content individually.  Unfortunately, a simple button to delete old content does not exist in PowerSchool Learning.  If you would like to free up more space, we have a couple of guides that will help you find and delete the content that is taking up the most space. 

You can find this article in our KnowledgeBase here:  https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-My-Account/How-to-reduce-your-Storage-usage/ta-p/496

We also have another article that might have some additional details:  https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-General-FAQs/Quick-tips-on-how-to-limit-your-storage-needs/...

I hope the information that I provided is helpful!  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. 

Best,

Angelam