Power Teacher Pro Gradescales/SBG

bigredtimlewis
Recruit

Power Teacher Pro Gradescales/SBG

We are trying to migrate from PowerTeacher Gradebook to PowerTeacher Pro...  In the orginal PTG, teachers can create their own gradescales, assign values to codes (such as T=50%), create Standards Based Grade scales, etc...  In PTP, these options seem to have disappeared.  It looks like admin has to create multiple grade scales from which teachers can choose, and teacher cannot assign values to codes.   

Hoping someone can tell me why those feature have gone away, and provide me with resources for our district to set up multiple gradescales, including SBG.  I've found plenty of resources on selecting grade scales from the teacher end, but nothing on creating these options from the admin side.  Thanks.  

And, if there is indeed a way for teachers to do this independently, or to assign values to codes or letters, please let me know.  Thank you.

5 Replies
AsiaC
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I believe a teacher still can by going to Settings > Class Grade Scales

To set up grade scales on the Admin side, you go to District Setup > Grade Scales

In the course itself is where you determine what the grade scale for the class is. Or, if you're using standards, in the standard you will select which grade scale and which conversion scale to use. 

bigredtimlewis
Recruit

I feel like there a few steps that aren't available....  We've all followed those two steps, but there are no options to add/create grade scales...  I assume this might be a setting on the admin side, but again, wondering if there are more steps...  Can you provide a screen shot perhaps?  

bigredtimlewis_0-1633554155110.png

AsiaC
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Hmmm I do see what you're seeing. At first I thought it was just because I was in the Read Only View, but when I logged in as teacher on our test server, I'm still not seeing how to add either. But I found instructions saying that you can. Curiouser and curiouser. 

AsiaC_0-1633557271186.png

AsiaC
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Ah I found it, in School Setup > PowerTeacher Pro Settings there's a box that says "Teachers can edit grade scale."

bigredtimlewis
Recruit

Wonderful... I believe these two responses are what I was looking for.  Thank you! Much Appreciated.  I don't actually have access to the admin side of it, but I often work with the person who does.  This will be helpful.  😉