PS Learning issues

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: PS Learning issues

Hi @skrishna , @aciuffo, @eboothmos , @loridwyre  

We have updated the PowerSchool status page to show that we are experiencing an issue within PowerSchool Learning.  We will provide updates within the status page as we work towards a resolution. We encourage you to subscribe for immediate email notifications for all updates to the PowerSchool status page, status.powerschool.com.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Journeyman

Considering this situation has been ocurring all weekend, only posting a status update on Monday morning is not helpful for frustrated users. My teachers and students have had a very stressful weekend as they try to wrap up their 1st quarter and get the 2nd quarter started.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@AHA_DirOfTech Totally agree with you that this is unacceptable for a status update to occur three days after the issues first surfaced. I had a teacher since Friday afternoon saying she was having issues posting to UC Class Pages (aka PowerSchool Learning.) She updated me a few times over the weekend about strange behavior. Because there was NO UPDATE on the status page, I assumed it was user error!  

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School
Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
Highlighted
Professional

I really question how many people are using UC. I knwo of 1 maybe 2 other schools outside people on the forum.  When there is an issue seems it goes a while undetected.  Last weekend UC had a disruption,  many noticied it on Sunday nothing was done until Monday.  Schools dont seems to be getting on board with UC so you wonder what teh road map is for it with the Schoology aqusition. 

Highlighted
Hobbyist

We very much rely on UC. It would be good to know what they're plans are with it so we can do some forward planning of our own. 

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@MuskanS What good is a status page when it doesn't get updated in a timely manner. Also, what good is a status page when you submscribe to it and it doesn't send you an updates!  This is beyond annoying.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School
Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Yes, agree. This is much deeper than a formatting issue. I'm getting reports that teachers are unable to save assessments, homework assignments are not saving/loading for students, teachers are having issues grading assignments and assessments. 

This issue is affecting almost every aspect of PowerSchool learning and needs to be fixed with urgency. 

Journeyman

Absolutely a much larger issue. We just ended our first quarter and all weekend teachers were entering grades only to have them not be saved. We need to submit our final quarter grades tomorrow and no one can get their gradebook to save their changes.

Highlighted
Professional

We are having many issues as well. Discussions only showing up for certain students.  Work missing and problems with creating assessments from the bank

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @skrishna@eboothmos@jhanlon@DanM3@AHA_DirOfTech

Thank you for reaching out about this in our Community. I responded to this in another thread but wanted to reach out here as well. Our teams are currently working on improving our weekend updates on our status page. We encourage you to continue to post in our Community and reach out to support if you encounter any additional issues. We apologize for the disruption this issue caused. We appreciate the feedback and the suggestions to help improve the experience for all of our customers. 

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager