PS Learning - Can't attached google docs or files to an assignment

kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

PS Learning - Can't attached google docs or files to an assignment

Anyone else having issues attaching google docs and files to an assignment. We are getting the attached image error. and it never processes

error with upload files either pdf or from google.JPG

Stephanie Kilburn
Amity Regional School District #5
Woodbridge, CT 06525

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!

12 Replies
skrishna
Professional

Hi there - Yes. We have been having Google doc related file attachment/handout distribution issues for more than a week now. Support wrote back today and said it is an issue they know about and have escalated it for development team. I hope that means a solution is right around the corner. With limited days remaining for the school year now it is dissapoiinting these basic features that used to work just fine earlier are now breaking down.

Shashi

kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Thank you for your answer since PS didn't email me back at all yet about this. This is so aggravating. If it isn't one thing with this product it is another.

Stephanie Kilburn
Woodbridge, CT 06525

kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Looks like it is now working today. 

Stephanie Kilburn
Woodbridge, CT 06525

kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

My mistake, the ones that we added yesterday went through but the ones that we just tried to make are just spinning and spinning like they did yesterday. I wonder if there is an overnight process in place. If so they need to take that out

Stephanie Kilburn
Woodbridge, CT 06525

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @kilburnst,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.  We are working diligently to restore this functionality as soon as possible.  If you are still experiencing difficulties uploading documents to an assignment, I recommend continuing to work with PS support for immediate assistance.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
skrishna
Professional

Hi there - We got an email from PowerSchool that this issue was resolved. We hope that is indeed the case.

Thank you.

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @skrishna,

Thank you for the update.  You can try attaching the google documents to an assignment and let the support know if you continue to experience the issue.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Nope.  Like yesterday, anything I clicked on and left spinning yesterday is pushed through, but anything I posted yesterday and never clicked on or anything I posted today just keeps spinning and doesn’t make a copy.

Stephanie Kilburn
Woodbridge, CT 06525

kilburnst
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I created a brand new one and it isn’t working.  That is the screenshot I sent from the one this morning.  I also made two yesterday that I didn’t check because I wanted to see if they would be pushed out over night, but those are working either. 

Stephanie Kilburn
Woodbridge, CT 06525

skrishna
Professional

Their status page says resolved for uploading of attachments. No mention of "Handouts" so I am guessing that is not what is fixed yet. Hence your issue? 

https://status.powerschool.com

@MuskanS Some insights into the Handouts not creating/creating with great delays Google documents for students is an ongoing issue. Can you please find out where this is? 

Thank you.

Shashi

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @skrishna,

The delay with Google Documents being handed out or submitted from Students is a known issue, we have been working with our development team and a ticket has been created to resolve the issue.  Our development team will provide you updates via the case for every progress that is made.

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @kilburnst,

Our team has reported that the issue impacting the user's ability to upload files within PowerSchool Learning and Unified Classroom Class Pages has been resolved.  I recommend creating a case with the PS support team or if you already have a case, I recommend working with the support team.  Our team will take a closer look at your system and assist you further with the difficulties you are experiencing.

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator