Opening an Assignment

Highlighted
rmaxga76

Opening an Assignment

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way for a teacher using PowerSchool Learning to see when a student starts or opens a test or quiz assignment before the students finishes the assignment.

For example: Student A opens an quiz assignment at 12:00 p.m. and finishes at 12:30 p.m. Teacher A logs in to his/her teacher page at 12:15 p.m. Can the teacher, at that moment, see that the student opened the quiz before it is finished and submitted?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: Opening an Assignment

Hi @rmaxga76,

That is a great question!  Learning does provide when the date and time of when a test/quiz assignment is started and how long the student takes to finish.  If you navigate to the Assessment then Manage Assessment>View Results>Click on attempt score.  You will see be able to view the date, time, and how long at the top under the student's name.  I hope this information helps.

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
rmaxga76

Thank you @Angelam7 for your response.  I know that Learning shows the date and time the quiz/test assignment was opened and finished/submitted.  But can a teacher see the date and time a student opens a quiz/test assignment before the student finishes?  In other words, can the teacher see that the student is currently in progress of completing the quiz/test assignment before the student submit it?

Thank you!

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @rmaxga76,

Thank you for providing that information!  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  Unfortunately, the date and time will only show the teacher when the student has submitted the quiz or when the quiz reaches the time limit and forces a submission.  If you have additional questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

I hope this information helps!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!