New Class

JessicaRoy

New Class

It is the middle of our semester and we are trying to create a brand new class from existing students.  They need to be shuffled around. We are being told that we cannot do this as we would lose all existing assessements.  The only solution we are being given is that the new teacher will have to be a co-teacher with other teachers to access her students.  This creates all kinds of problems.

Does anyone know how to create a brand new class without losing exisiting data?

3 Replies
Highlighted
TimothyG
Hobbyist

Re: New Class

Hello, Thank you for your post!

Can you give me some more information about the nature of the issue. Do you need to build the new class in PS Learning, PS SIS, or both? I also understand that you need the assingments to be migrated to the new class, can you tell me if the old class will need to stay or do you want it deleted with the assignments switching to the new class? 

-Timothy Gates

PowerSchool Community Moderator

JessicaRoy

We need to create it mid term and we want to keep all of the information that they already have recorded.  For example, their first semester assessments.  We won't be deleting the other students as we are creating  a new class to reduce class sizes.  

PS SIS I believe is waht it is called.

TimothyG
Hobbyist

Thank you for that update.

Unfortunately, the information you were given in this case is correct. Aside from making the new teacher a co lead teacher the only option would be to rebuild the assignments and rescore them by hand. The issue is that assignments and grades are stored over multiple tables and there is no function to mass translate them to a new section. PowerSource does have an enhancement request system that users can use to request new features like this. Other users have asked for this feature such as with Article 4410 (if you or an administrator has access), and upvoting this topic will let our developers know that it is heavily reuqested. 

-Timothy Gates

PowerSchool Community Moderator