Missing Instructions for Grading with Rubrics

Highlighted
aciuffo
Journeyman

Missing Instructions for Grading with Rubrics

The rubrics instructions are quite good, but are missing a critical step. The "How do I grade using a Rubric in my class?" instructions are missing the step of publishing the rubrics. If this step is skipped, students cannot view the assessed rubrics. This is a cruical step for school that are on standards based assessment rather than numerical assessment.

We are using PowerSchool Learning without PowerSchool Unified Classroom

Can someone add the following information to the instructions so I can continue to guide my teachers to the Knowledge Base?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

To publish rubrics so students can view the completed rubric 

• From the "Grades" tab locate the assignment that contains the rubric

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 2.00.56 PM.png

• Click on the "meatball menu" and choose "Publish Rubrics"

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.38.08 PM.png

3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Missing Instructions for Grading with Rubrics

Hi @aciuffo

Thank you for your post and for the feedback! It sounds like you are asking for us to update that article with the publishing step so that it is a more helpful resource for your teachers. We're happy to take a look at the article. I'll be back in touch with an update.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
aciuffo
Journeyman

@jbidk wrote:

Hi @aciuffo

Thank you for your post and for the feedback! It sounds like you are asking for us to update that article with the publishing step so that it is a more helpful resource for your teachers. We're happy to take a look at the article. I'll be back in touch with an update.

Thank you for looking into this. Perhaps this is not an issue for schools that are using Unified Classroom. We are not using UC.

The final step of publishing the rubric back to the students is crucial and not well documented. I only found out about it through a training seminar and have yet to find any documentation on this. If there exists a document already, can you please reference it in the rubrics serries? And if there is not one, thank you for considering adding it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aciuffo

Thank you for this additional note. I shared your feedback with our Learning team. They are currently working on an article that describes publishing Rubrics for schools using PowerTeacher Pro and Unified Classroom. We can add links from the article you shared to the new one to help. Once I have an update, I'll be happy to share that article with you.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager