Maximum number of students

Highlighted
Trainee

Maximum number of students

I have a paid account. What's the maximum number of students that can be enrolled in a class?

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Maximum number of students

Hi,

There is no known limit to the maximum number of students that can be enrolled in a class on PowerSchool Learning.  However, as the number of students grows, the class may display signs of lag when content within the class is accessed.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Trainee

Hi there, 

Can you then explain to me why I'm getting the following message? I currently have 327 students enrolled in the class. 

Warning: Not all records were imported. You have reached the maximum number of students and parents you can have at your current subscription level.

If we'd known that there was a limit, we would have closed our registration. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks,

Lena

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lenav,

PowerSchool Learning has made changes to the Solo Teacher account. PowerSchool will no longer offer upgraded subscriptions for solo teacher accounts. You will continue to have the upgraded subscription level through June 2020 at no charge. Starting in June 2020, your subscription level will be updated to the basic level, which provides you with 5 active classes, 2GB of storage, and 375 user accounts. 

Unfortunately, we found you can not extend storage, the feature to upgrade a solo teacher account is being sunsetted, so all subscription levels are frozen and all solo accounts will be converted to a free basic level.

I recommend reviewing the following:

Additional Storage

Quick tips on how to limit your storage needs

We recommend reaching out to sales@powerschool.com for further assistance with your solo teacher account.

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Follow up question:  Is there a specific date in July that accounts will be downgraded to the free access level of GB? It would be helpful to know exactly when this will happen. 

Highlighted
Trainee

Hi Lissa, 

I was told by support that the date was actually June 1. No one could tell me exactly what would happen once the downgrade happened...

Highlighted
Hobbyist

June??? I don't understand. That makes this so confusing and stressful. 

Thank you for letting me know, at least that's some insight... 

Highlighted
Hobbyist

(It does say THROUGH June above, though, hmmm.) 

Highlighted
Journeyman

what grade and subjet do you teach?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Probably depends what grade/university we are talking about. In the context of undergrad or grad, you may inlist a million students. In the context of middle school and elementary, I would say no more than 15 if we must review homework and actually teach nd learn..