Locking down the gradebook

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Locking down the gradebook

In the new version of Powerschool the Admin side has the capability to lock down gradebooks so teachers can not go back and change grades after they have been stored.  I have tried to access it and I get a error that I don't have rights for it.  Any idea how I add to my security group the access for it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Locking down the gradebook

@RobinH1 

You have to create a User Access Role that allows you to Manage Locked Reporting Terms and add it to you user account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@RobinH1 

You have to create a User Access Role that allows you to Manage Locked Reporting Terms and add it to you user account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Thank you!!  That did the trick.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I lock down the gradebook BEFORE the end of the term?  Can I use a negative number in the "days after reporting term" to accomplish this?

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting this question in the PowerSchool Community! @ElizabethM54 

Yes, you should be able to lock the gradebook before the term ends by using a negative number.  This has been successful by other PowerSchool SIS users. 

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!