Learning equivalent to PTPro's 'Collected Only' option

Highlighted
mhaydenraley
Hobbyist

Learning equivalent to PTPro's 'Collected Only' option

Our teachers like the ability to mark an assignment as 'Collected Only' in PowerTeacher Pro.  (Things like returning a permission slip, or homework that does not have a traditional grade).  Is there an option to have a similar type of assignment in PowerSchool Learning?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator camreanR
Community Moderator

Re: Learning equivalent to PTPro's 'Collected Only' option

Hello Mhaydenraley,

Thanks for reaching out! One option is to make the assignment extra credit, which will create an assignment and track participation, but will be worth 0 points. Another option would be to create the assignment with the option "Create gradebook entry" disabled. I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions or need more help.

3 Replies
Community Moderator

Hello Mhaydenraley,

Thanks for reaching out! One option is to make the assignment extra credit, which will create an assignment and track participation, but will be worth 0 points. Another option would be to create the assignment with the option "Create gradebook entry" disabled. I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions or need more help.

mhaydenraley
Hobbyist

Thanks - if I select "Create gradebook entry" disabled, does that mean it will not be synced over to PowerTeacher Pro?

Community Moderator

Hello Mhaydenraley,

That's correct; The assignment will only exist as an assignment in the class, and grade entries won't be created in the Learning Gradebook, or transferred to PowerTeacher Pro.