Learning Calendar

Highlighted
basil_alali
Practitioner

Learning Calendar

Hi,

How the teacher can add a one announcement to many classes at the same time? also how can a teacher add events to the general calendar on the main page portal?

6 Replies
Community Support Expert MuskanS
Community Support Expert

Re: Learning Calendar

Hi @basil_alali,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community for assistance!

Currently, there is no such feature to add one announcement to many classes at the same time unless many classes are linked to the roster of a master class and teachers would still only be posting the announcement to one class. I have submitted a feature request to the Unified Classroom learning team and I will share the emphasis on adding this feature where the teacher can add one announcement to many classes at the same time. We encourage you to provide suggestions for improving our PowerSchool products.

Alternatively, I have provided an article below that will guide you on Creating, Editing, Deleting or Adding Announcements.

Create, Edit, Delete, Add Announcements

Also, you can add events from the class calendar. I have provided an article below that will guide you to add activity and events to the class calendar.

Add activity and events to Class Calendar

I hope this was helpful!!!
If you have any further queries feel free to reach us. 

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!Community Moderator
Community Support Expert

Hi @basil_alali,

You can also add events and personal remainders to the general calendar which is on the main page portal of the Unified Classroom by clicking on the ' +' Symbol which is beside the events field and personal remainder field as shown in the screenshot below.  But assignments cannot be added directly to the general calendar, you need to click the '+' symbol which is on the top right of main page portal of the Unified classroom application, next to the bell icon as shown in the screenshot below.

calendars.PNG

I hope this was helpful!!
If you have any queries feel free to reach us.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!Community Moderator
basil_alali
Practitioner

@MuskanS 

Thanks for help.. I have noticed from the screenshot and your reply, that your school uses Unified Classrooms, and we are not yet, a little worried about moving forward to it, how do yo you rate unified classrooms from your experience?

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @basil_alali , @MuskanS is a PowerSchool employee. If you have access to it, you might look around the Unified Classroom forums or ask a question there.

We are on our second year on the Unified Classroom and it's the product is very disappointing. The two calendars (Class pages - aka PowerSchool Learning and the Unified Classroom dashboard) DO NOT talk to each other!  You would think a unified program would communicate within itself. 

Users of the Unified Classroom has now experience five major outages/disruption of services or major problems in the last eight days. Many of our teachers are giving up on the UC and just linking their class pages to Google Classroom.  PowerSchool needs to desparately get its act together or fear losing more customers.

basil_alali
Practitioner

@DanM3  Thank You for clarifying and help.

Community Support Expert

Hi @basil_alali,

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community for assistance!

I apologize for the confusion. The PowerSchool Community is a great place to connect with peers, and we encourage you to continue posting in the Community for users' best practices. We work with our PowerSchool team to ensure all users receive a response within the Community.  Adding events from the main pain portal is currently not present in PowerSchool Learning. The feature is currently available within the Unified Classroom.

I have submitted an enhancement request to the PowerSchool Learning Product team on your behalf to review the option of incorporating a feature that will allow teachers to add events to the calendar from the main page portal. 

Alternatively, events can be added to the calendar from the class pages in PowerSchool learning. The event created under Class Pages will be for each class. To add events from the class pages navigate to the Calendar and select Add Event as shown in the screenshot below.

EventLearn.PNG

Enter the details of your event in the popup and hit Save. Your new Event will appear on the Class Calendar. 

I hope this was helpful.

If you have any queries feel free to reach us.

Muskan Sehar