How to permanently delete standards

Vossy76

How to permanently delete standards

I have a solo teachers account and use it to teach the Diploma Programme.  I have been creating my own standards for this curriculum.  There are standards I wish to permanently delete.  I know I can remove them from a certain class but I wish to delete them entirely and I can't seem to find a way to do this.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: How to permanently delete standards

Hi Vossy,

If you are working in PowerSchool, standards aren't deleted; they are either removed from the classes or Inactivated. To do either, go to Setup>District>Standards>List Standards. There, click on the Standard you'd like to work with and either remove the class or uncheck Is Active.

Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

Standards that have been created in PowerSchool Learning can be removed from a class, but not from PowerSchool Learning.  New standards can be created and the standards that are no longer in use should not be chosen to be associated with a class.

The recommended option is to edit the standards so there are not many standards within the software.  Here is a document that will walk through the process of editing standards.

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature allowing standards to be deleted from PowerSchool Learning for solo accounts. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool Learning for all users.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Vossy76

Great, thanks for your reply Jamie.  

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

My Pleasure!  I'm glad we were able to assist you with this question!

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!