I work with admin access using PowerSchool SIS. Does anyone know how to send an email using a classroom roster? I've gone into the teachers schedule and can see the list of students in enrollment. What do I do from there? Or am I going to the wrong page? Thank you in advance.
There are a number of customizations in PowerSource that will help create a class email list to use either in the teacher's email client or using web email. You can't send it via PowerSchool itself, but copy and paste.
Download ID 1026
Download ID 1013
Once in PTPro
Student Roster Report
* Report title
Defaults to "Student Roster Report", but can be changed
Don't use / \ . in the title. If doing a date, use mm-dd-yyyy or similar
* Select classes
* Choose a layout (how you want the list sorted)
* In the dropdown next to Columns -- Add Columns
* Choose Guardian Email from the list
* (You could also choose home phone if you also wanted to make a phone list the same time)
* Unselect any students who shouldn't be on the list for whatever reason
* Can include dropped students if needed
* Choose Landscape or Portrait
* Change Output from PDF (if defaulted) to Excel
* Can play with the other settings, but none of them needed for this
Once completing processes in all three tabs, click Run Report.
How the report is accessed has changed from version to version:
* 19.11.2 -- Click View Reports at the bottom
* Version before that -- Report would end up in the Report Queue of the user, whether the teacher or the admin side view only user
* Version before that, it would just prompt you to download
I do a PowerPoint on this every year at my new teacher trainings. 🙂
Hope it helps!
Alternately, use either DEM, Quick Export, or an Export Template to pull a list.
Pull by classroom or sort in Excel after pulling the data.
Then copy/paste into Email
** Use BCC for families and To: yourself **
Have your sis admin download and install the build email lists plugin (you may already have it)
In ps admin, teacher schedules, select roster for section..."make current student selection"
Once those students are selected, use the Build Email Lists function
My teachers don't have a 'Student Roster Report" in their dropdown list of reports. How can I make that report available to them?
We have the plugin from PowerSource made by Steve Deibert called AngularJS Build Email Lists. It works great!
I also discovered if you are in PowerSchool Learning class you can go to Edit Roster> Print> Print to PDF and get a digital copy of your emails. Not as good as the plugin but works in a pinch.
I just added the plug-in.
I was worried that I would have to set it up individually for all 20+ of my schools on the server, but it appears that once I did one, it worked for all of them -- or maybe my choices are just basic.
I've been doing things the old school way forever -- it's nice to have a new tool to share with my schools.