How to delete an assignment from both Learning and PowerTeacher Pro

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How to delete an assignment from both Learning and PowerTeacher Pro

Not really helpful. I don't understand why you can't delete it off of the gradebook. Nothing was entered. I could see jumping through hoops if you had grades entered just so you don't inadvertently delete an assignment, but this is ridiculous. Especially because it is so hard to change the date after you make the assignment, which is why I had multiple assignment entries. I know about the "not counting in final grade.", but that doesn't get rid of it.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I understand the frustration and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing! PowerSchool Developers are working to resolve the issue of deleting exams quickly.  While I understand workaround isn't the most convenient option, I recommend attempting to use the workaround while we correct the issue on our end.  

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issue of deleting assignments between PowerSchool Learning and PowerTeacher Pro.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a mentor today! Email us at mentors@powerschool.com
Highlighted
Achiever

We ran into this a few times when we starting using Learning for the first time last Fall. The only fix at the time was to set the assignment to not publish in Gradebook since it couldn't be deleted.  So y'all (excuse me...I'm from Ga) are saying an update fixed this? I haven't heard from a teacher in awhile concerning this so maybe it has been resolved.

Highlighted
Practitioner

Has this issue been solved yet? We still have the grayed out Delete button.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community to request an update!

We are continuing to work on resolving the issue of assignments not deleting in PowerTeacher Pro and PowerSchool Learning.  We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing while we work to fix the issue.

I recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Learning Support to create a case or request an update in an existing case.  This will allow PowerSchool to determine the users that are reporting the issue and follow up directly in the case as soon as the issue is resolved.

Jamie H.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did make a ticket and it was "resolved" by stating that you can just make a new assignment. So now there is a ton of extra assignments on my side. Which ones are the ones that are "counted", which ones are deleted. I'm not sure why this is such a hard thing to do? Just put it into the program. There are 10 teachers on my campus alone who can code it for you if needed. So simple to do, yet still after many years that it has not been rectified. I've looked at past blogs about this and yet nothing is completed. Only a very poor solution of "make a new assignment". AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Practitioner

Thanks @jamiem7 for your reply. I hope this issue can be solved soon, since this is our second semester using UC, and our teachers often add activities to teh Synced Gradebook by mistake, thus, a bunch of activities are shown in the Scoresheet.

I'll stay tuned, just in case a solution is given 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it has not, and their only solution is to delete from the one and then make a new assignment and then your assignments have so many assignments that can not be "hidden". It takes forever to figure out which one is included in the final grade and which one isn't. I just made a spreadsheet and use it instead. Parents get angry because they don't "know" what their child's grade is. We also have a difficult time "knowing". This has been going on for several years and 10 people from my faculty could easily code the software to make it function properly, but they can't get someone to do it there. Frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your feedback in the PowerSchool Community!

I understand your frustration surrounding the issue of assignments not being deleted in PowerTeacher Pro when the assignment is deleted from PowerSchool Learning.  The issue has been escalated to the PowerSchool Developers.  The PowerSchool Support Team works closely with the Development Team.  Due to this, I strongly recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Learning Support Team again to request an update on the resolution of this issue.  Reaching out to the Support Team again will allow the Support Team to gather more information surrounding your particular case and provide this information to our Developers.  We can also review your site to see if we can provide any a process that will be more efficient until this issue can be resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and thank you for your patience as we continue to work on a resolution. 

Jamie H.