How to delete an assignment from both Learning and PowerTeacher Pro

mhaydenraley
Practitioner

How to delete an assignment from both Learning and PowerTeacher Pro

I have a teacher who created a 'fake' assignment in PowerSchool Learning to test the features.  The assignment transferred over to PowerTeacher Pro.  He deleted the assignment in PowerSchool Learning.  It did not cascade the delete to PowerTeacher Pro.  That's okay in theory.  When he attempts to delete it from PowerTeacher Pro, the 'Delete' button is grayed out, and there is a flag saying "Some fields for this assignment can only be modified in PowerSchool Learning. Edit this assignment in Learning."  

But it's been deleted from Learning.  So..... how do we delete this assignment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: How to delete an assignment from both Learning and PowerTeacher Pro

Thank you for providing more information!

There are a few scenarios that will cause a duplicate assignment in PTP that is linked to a deleted Assignment in Learning. We are working on correcting the new scenarios that can cause these duplicates. in the meantime, Teachers can set them to not count in the final grade and be unpublished within PTP from the Edit Assignment screen.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
18 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hi @mhaydenraley

Thank you for your post! This seems to be related to a known issue that has been shared with our team. I'm happy to share a workaround to help with what you are seeing. You can unpublish the assignment and you can remove the grades from that item in your gradebook so that they don't calculate into the overall class grade. If you still continue to have issues with this, it might be a good idea to use your help menu in Learning to submit a support request so our team can take a closer look. 

Please let us know if we can continue to help!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
mhaydenraley
Practitioner

Thank you - the assignment's already been deleted from Learning so I will submit a ticket.

DSilva
Practitioner

We are in the same boat. 

Hope this gets fixed soon. 

smilemkr2
Journeyman

Has this issue been resolved. It was EASY in Powerschool. It is DIFFICULT in Unified Classroom. 

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @smilemkr2,

Thank you for reaching out through the Community for assistance!  Yes, the issue has been resolved. If you are experiencing any issues, please provide additional information so we can look into this for you. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
smilemkr2
Journeyman

As you can see below, there are two Specimen Paper 1 assignments and two Paper 2 Summative assignments. They, one of each, were deleted in the Learning area, but still show up in the assignments and grading areas. Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 15.41.44.png

When I click on the assignment and try to go to the "delete" button, it has an O with a cross through it and won't allow it to be deleted. I understand you say the issue was taken care of, but not a written step-by-step process in how to do it. Can you guide me on how to do it?

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 15.43.14.png

mhaydenraley
Practitioner

For me, the issue was resolved when PowerSchool pushed an update to Learning.  We are using the standalone Learning product, so it sounds like there is another bug in UC that has yet to be addressed.  I would recommend submitting a ticket if you have not yet already done so.

ABAlfano87
Practitioner

I have had the same issue several times.  I have been told that they are working on it.  I am looking forward to a solution because otherwise the gradebook becomes cluttered with "deleted" assignments that are not included in the final grade.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing more information!

There are a few scenarios that will cause a duplicate assignment in PTP that is linked to a deleted Assignment in Learning. We are working on correcting the new scenarios that can cause these duplicates. in the meantime, Teachers can set them to not count in the final grade and be unpublished within PTP from the Edit Assignment screen.

Jamie H.