How do I deactivate or "lock" an assignment?

rberrett
Trainee

How do I deactivate or "lock" an assignment?

Hi all,

I'd like to "deactivate" or "lock" assignments, e.g. prevent students from turning in work after a certain date (say at the end of the term or semester).  A deactivated assignment would still show up in the calendar and on any assignment blocks, but the students just could no longer upload work to the dropbox associated with the assignment any longer.  Is there such a feature?

A follow-up question... I suppose that editing the assignment and removing the dropbox capability of the assignment would accomplish what I am after.  Will removing the dropbox from the assignment also remove all previously submitted student work?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 

Russell Berrett

1 Reply
Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Re: How do I deactivate or "lock" an assignment?

Hi @rberrett,

Thank you for your post!  I understand you would like to lock or deactivate assignments to prevent students from turning in work after a certain date.  At this time, the feature to lock or deactivate an assignment is not available.  You are correct!  Removing the option to submit online will remove the dropbox, however, any assignments that have been submitted will not be removed. The submitted assignments will not be viewable until you re-enable the option "Allow students to submit work online".  I hope this information is helpful, and if you have any questions let me know!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!