How can I convert a class discussion to a section discussion?

Lee_Lancaster

How can I convert a class discussion to a section discussion?

When I use "Save As ..." to copy my content into the next school year, all my Section Discussions convert to Class Discussions so I am not able to reuse them. I must recreate them frorm scratch and select "Section Discussion." Is there any way to convert a Class Discussion to a Section Discussion so that I can set a different Start/Stop time for each section? I use the discussion as a warm up and open the window for responses just 5 minutes before and 10 minutes after class starts. (Alternately, maybe "save as" is not the best option from the start?)

3 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: How can I convert a class discussion to a section discussion?

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!

We are currently reviewing your inquiring to convert a class discussion to a section discussion with the PowerSchool Learning Team.  We will respond to this thread once we are able to gather further information.  While we research this inquiry, we encourage other users to respond to the post if they have experience converting or attempting to convert discussions within PowerSchool Learning.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for your patience as we review your inquiry!

Once a discussion is created, the type of discussion cannot be changed.  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Learning Product Team to request a feature that will allow the ability to change discussions types within PowerSchool Learning. 

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Lee_Lancaster

Thank you Jamie. Alternately, is there a way to copy the discussions from one year to the next that preserves a section discussion as a section discussion? My underlying issue is that fact that "save as" converts last year's section discussions to class discussions.