Hide Assignments?

Highlighted
cgarber
Hobbyist

Hide Assignments?

How can we hide assignments that we want to produce but not publish?  It seems that, even if we create assignments within pages that we unpublish, the assignments are still viewable by students in their "Activities > Assignments" tab.

It would be very helpful to have two features:

1. have Assignments auto-hide from students when the page with their assignment block is unpublished

2. have the ability to hide individual assignments globally from within the Assignment creation / edit page

Even if the assignment date is closed, the assignment still appears to the students.  We want to prevent students working ahead without instruction while still allowing teachers the ability to pre-create content.

1 Reply
Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Re: Hide Assignments?

Hi @cgarber

@cgarber wrote:

How can we hide assignments that we want to produce but not publish?  It seems that, even if we create assignments within pages that we unpublish, the assignments are still viewable by students in their "Activities > Assignments" tab.

It would be very helpful to have two features:

1. have Assignments auto-hide from students when the page with their assignment block is unpublished

2. have the ability to hide individual assignments globally from within the Assignment creation / edit page

Even if the assignment date is closed, the assignment still appears to the students.  We want to prevent students working ahead without instruction while still allowing teachers the ability to pre-create content.

I believe there is a post in the Learning Knowledge Base that speaks to this issue that you describe: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Announcements/Can-I-keep-assignments-from-appearing-in-the-....

@gylepat asked about this issue this week as well in a related post (https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Forum/HELP-Difficult-to-find-submitted-assignments/m-p/5793...). Do these both seem to correspond with your experience, or am I off-base?

It sounds like added assignment dates to increase control of when assignments can be seen are already being considered for development, but I am reaching out to the team to ensure that both of your votes are added for this Feaature Request.  I found that the link in that post to vote for that feature might be outdated. 

Have a fantastic weekend!

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator