Google Team Drives

cgarber
Practitioner

Re: Google Team Drives

Hi, Scott.  Do you now have any information regarding Google Team Drive integration to PowerSchool Learning?  I'm sitting around a leadership meeting right now where this lack of functionality from PowerSchool Learning is being illustrated as a major flaw in our school's adoption and workflow.

We need to be able to draw from enrolled Google Team Drives for assignments and courses in addition to personal My Drive folders.

Help!  We REALLY need this functionality!

jkingsley
Hobbyist

Is there any update on Team drive functionality in PSL yet? @ScottS 

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @jkingsley,

Thank you for your post!  At this time we do not have an update for this feature request. You can follow product updates by selecting the link below and subscribe to it.  Please see the link below and if you have any questions let me know!

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Release-Notifications/tkb-p/Learning-Release-Notifications

I am providing the steps to subscribe below.  

1. Once the link is open you will see a rectangle, teal box on the right side of the screen that says "Options'"(select this)

2. In the dropdown menu select "Subscribe"

Have a great afternoon!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
mrosenb1
Hobbyist

Just wanted to add my support for moving this up in the development calendar. I've had whole departments at my school put the brakes on migrating to Google Team Drives because Team Drives are not integrated into PS Learning. Please add this soon.

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
martinm
Hobbyist

Hi

Our schools have the same requirement, and we would love PSL dev teams taking a look at making this work.

Meantime as a workaround, our users can use Embed The Web:

1. Open a file in Google Team Drive

2. Choose File > Publish to the web...

3. Click on 'Embed' and copy the embed code

4. In PSL Add Content Block > Embed the Web

5. Paste the embed code

It's a bit clunky, but seems to work.

HTH,

martinm

aciuffo
Practitioner

+1 Up Vote on this

We're running into many challenges with content that's stored on Team Drive. There are several workarounds that help us, but there's no good solution at the moment.

I'd like to also plug a feature request to update the file picker for google drive. This post details the issue with the current picker and a possible solution for your engineers.

Thanks!

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for your suggestion!  I will be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to the PowerSchool Product Team.  We love suggestions that improve PowerSchool Learning.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
mrosenb1
Hobbyist

Any progress on this feature? We really need to be able to easily integrate items stored in our Google Team Drives in our PS Learning classes. Is PowerSchool Learning going to put development resources into better supporting G-suite schools - or is new development focused on Office 365 integration?

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for your response!

The feature request has been escalated to the PowerSchool Product team for PowerSchool Learning.  We will be able to provide more information regarding the feature request as the Product team reviews the request.

Jamie H.
aciuffo
Practitioner

This is great news!  Thanks very much for sharing!

Is there a chance that your feature review team consider a reimplementation of the GDrive File Picker? The current "Recents" picker implementation is a huge headache for many of our teachers as it forces them to open another google drive window, locate the file NAME and then search directly for it rather than being able to navigate the folder structure.

Thanks again for keeping us up to date.