Google Drive issues adding a content block.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Google Drive issues adding a content block.

Can anyone else replicate this problem? The steps are as follows: 1. Create a content block for a course 2. Choose files as the content type 3. Name the content block 4. Select "Attach from Google Drive" 5. When the file dialog box appears, start typing the name of a document. 6a. The "Searching for title matches" link does nothing. 6b. The "Search for all items containing" link yields a blank list of documents
13 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Google Drive issues adding a content block.

Yes! We are having this same issue with many of our teachers. 

Highlighted
Hobbyist

I don't know which is most annoying: a) Powerschool not communicating bugs to admins and users. b) The community providing better and faster responses than Powerschool Support c) Getting notifications about badges and other goofy items from this community. I laughed out loud when I was waiting for a response to my post and, instead, I got notification about earning a badge
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Thank you for reporting your concern on PowerSchool Community!

Our PowerSchool Learning team is researching this issue, in the meantime, you could make use of a workaround that I've provided below, which should be able to help you out.

Users have notified us that they can get the recent files to float to the top by modifying the source document's title. Let us know if this works for you while we work on a solution.

I would also recommend that you create a case on the support case portal to help our team gather more information about the issue, this will also help you communicate directly with the team within your support case regarding updates on the issue.

Here's the link to Case Portal

Hope this helps

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

@BishalG - I feel like your response is similar to when people make reference to an attachment in an email but forget to actually attach the file. You make reference to a workaround, but didn't actually provide one.
Highlighted
Achiever

@BishalG: How does one access this "Case Portal?" This is the first time I've heard of this. I apparently don't have the correct permissions to access the link you shared. I am the PSL Admin for our School and I would very much like to have the ability to lodge a case through a portal.

I typically end up waiting in until the afternoon (Central Europe Time) to call PS to create tickets. The service I get over the phone is outstanding

When I send emails to support@powerschool.com, it sometimes takes ages for someone to get back to me. I assume this is because everyone in the world from students to parents to teachers to admins uses support@powerschool.com to open tickets. 

If there is a portal like PowerSource where Learning admins can have a direct line to file tickets, it would be super helpful.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @aciuffo, Thank you for your query.

I understand that you would like to get a direct line to tickets which can be done by reaching out to Learning Support through Learning Product's Support portal

Please refer to the Knowledge Base article I've linked below:

Contacting PowerSchool Learning Support: Should I Call or Email?

Hope this helps!

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Why would mention a work-around and not actually provide it here???
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnfaig, Thank you for your post.

I wanted to reiterate that we currently have a few workarounds for this issue,

one of them is to use non-google doc file blocks or embed the web blocks with a link to the google doc or file embedded.

Another being that you have to not use the search bar but rather do a manual search, scrolling down until you find the file. It's a bit cumbersome, but it should work.

Another being that you can usually get to the recent files to move to the top by modifying the source documents title. We've heard reports though of the folder structure being broken as well so it might be messy, but it should work.

If none of these work for you then I would highly suggest that you reach out to support as they can provide you with further information

Hope this helps!

Bishal G.
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Our disctict is a Google School so using a non-Google doc file is pretty much out. We have tried the other two options and neither of them are consistant enough for our teachers to rely on. I have reached out to support and all I've gotten back is that this issue has been "escalated to the tier 2 team" but no explanation on what that means. Next suggestion?