Good Practice for Opening PS Learning to Parents

Highlighted
aciuffo
Achiever

Good Practice for Opening PS Learning to Parents

We have been using PS Learning for this school year, but we have not opened it to parents yet. We will be opening PS Learning to parents next school year and want to have a deliberate and unified roll-out to all parents.

What advice can you all offer for doing this?

We are using PS SIS 19 and all of our parents have existing accounts for checking grades, attendance, etc. in the SIS.

I've read these instructions How can I import parents into my domain via PowerSchool SIS integration? What exactly I need to request from the "Learning Support Team?" What kind of timeline is needed for that request?

Is it possible to synchronize the passwords between PowerSchool SIS and PS Learning right from the start? Our parents have loudly told us they hate having multiple logins and passwords. Can we maintain this password synchronization between the SIS and PS Learning?

Is there a way to send the notifications to teachers other than doing a mail-merge? This would be particularly useful for notifying new parents that start mid-year.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

1 Reply
Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

Re: Good Practice for Opening PS Learning to Parents

Thank You for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!

The ability to synchronize the passwords between PowerSchool SIS and PS Learning is currently not built into PowerSchool Learning since both use different Parent side setups to provide separate features to parents.

I would also suggest that you check out our resources on (Learning) SIS Integrations: Examples and Overviews which should help you find answers to most of your queries. 

We encourage other PowerSchool Learning and PowerSchool SIS users to share any experience with the Learning-SIS integration for parent accounts.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!