Feature Update for WikiProjects

Highlighted
VOsborn
Hobbyist

Feature Update for WikiProjects

I am preparing a research lesson using WikiProjects. I like the concept of students viewing and commenting on other students' work throughout the project. I have a Master Class, so when I choose for students to be able to view and comment on others, it does not allow for students to view only their class period (as in Discussions - Students can view all or only their class). As it stands, if I use the "can view others" feature, then students will view all of my class period rosters. 

3 Replies
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: Feature Update for WikiProjects

Hi @VOsborn,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I understand you would like the students to view and comment on other students' work throughout the project, but assigning permissions to students in the Master Class will give access to all students to see other students work in all of your classes.  The other alternative would be to create a separate Master Class for an individual class then students will only see that class.  Example: Master Class English 1 and Master Class English 2, the students listed in English 1 can see all students in English 1, but not English 2.  I hope this information helps and if you have additional questions let us know!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
VOsborn
Hobbyist

Hello:

I understand the logistics of your suggestion, but I see that avenue as adding complexities to students' areas of access. 

Students choose their subject/class. To add a second English class for separate assignments opens up room for missed posts/messages/assignments. I think I need to keep it to one English class.

In Canvas learning system, I had a master class yet could choose if the discussion/wiki was viewed by individual classes or by all of my student groups. That is what I am looking for. 

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @VOsborn,

With a master class, you can use the sections in the classes when creating the projects, or you can create groups.  I am providing some links below that will provide further information along with the steps for creating a group.  I hope this helps!

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Classes-Pages-Blocks/Can-I-group-students-in-PowerSchool-Le...

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Rosters-Invitations/What-is-the-difference-between-a-Roster...

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!