Feature Request: Add Extra Points option to assignments

traviscullitan
Hobbyist

Feature Request: Add Extra Points option to assignments

Hello,

We are using PowerSchool Learning integrated with PowerSchool. A teacher asked me today how to add extra credit to an assignment. This is pretty easy in PowerTeacher Pro by using the Extra Points feature. For assignments that were created in PowerSchool Learning and synced to PowerTeacher Pro, the Extra Points feature doesn't work. 

These directions didn't work for me. I didn't have a "Make this an extra credit assignment" checkbox. I assume that's because my class is linked to PowerSchool

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Grading-Attendance/How-do-I-grant-bonus-points-in-my-Gradeb...

The best work around I've found is to create a seperate 0 point assignment in PowerTeacher Pro and then add Extra Points to it. Does anyone have a better work around?

It would be nice if Extra Points was an option on the assignment screen in PowerSchool Learning.

PSL.PNG

Thanks,

-Travis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Feature Request: Add Extra Points option to assignments

Good Afternoon @traviscullitan!

Thank you for your post. The method you have posed is the best known workaround at this time. That said, I have gone ahead and submitted a feature request to our Product Team on your behalf to include an extra credit assignment checkbox. Thank you for your feedback and we invite any other users who have found an alternative means to please share their input as well!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
3 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good Afternoon @traviscullitan!

Thank you for your post. The method you have posed is the best known workaround at this time. That said, I have gone ahead and submitted a feature request to our Product Team on your behalf to include an extra credit assignment checkbox. Thank you for your feedback and we invite any other users who have found an alternative means to please share their input as well!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
kzahm
Journeyman

It would be better to have an "allow overage" checkbox on each assignment.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for your response!

I have added your suggestion to the feature request that was provided to the Product Team!

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!