Error when Exporting class to Common Cartridge

Highlighted

Error when Exporting class to Common Cartridge

I am trying to export class data to common cartridge. It spins for a bit, and then I get this error message every time: 

Error: Error exporting content

How do I successfully export my content?

4 Replies
Journeyman

Re: Error when Exporting class to Common Cartridge

I reverted it back to the 1.1 file type and it worked instead of 1.3. I have no idea why it worked.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hey @nextlevelhomeschool, Thank You for reaching out for assistance with the PowerSchool Community!

You can export any class in Common Cartridge format through the manage class menu by selecting export going to the export tab, choosing your desired version(1.1,1.2 or 1.3), and hitting export.

There are two common reasons that can result in an error message when exporting to Common Cartridge.  The two common reasons are selecting the incorrect version of the Common Cartridge export or exporting a file that is too large. Please try exporting a single file and see if it works.

Here I have included the link that will walk you through the article that explains How do I export my class content in Common Cartridge format, and what is included?

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

This failure to be able to create a simple export of my page / class content is maddening.  Our district is not using PSL next year and all I want to do is grab a simple export of my class content.  The "success" rate of getting a good download is pathetic.  Maybe this is why the district is done w/ PSL??  I've tried multiple browsers, computers, times of day, etc. - I only have so much energy and time to waste......

Error: Error exporting content

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @gde,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through PowerSchool Community!

If an export fails the common reason would be the class page is preventing a successful export. To troubleshoot the issue, I would recommend making a copy of Class Page then start removing pages, assignments, content blocks, etc., until you find what content is preventing the export.

I also recommend reviewing this thread  Error when Exporting class to Common Cartridge

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!