Discussions from last class carrying over

Highlighted
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Discussions from last class carrying over

Hi there ~

I am assisting a teacher with proofing class documents and set up. This class was offered last year and as we're readying it to open April 1st we're noticing all the discussion comments from 2017 are showing up. How to we remove them?

Thanks in advance!

Heidi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Re: Discussions from last class carrying over

Hi @Heidierin

Thanks for posting your question.  Do you know if you are using the Master Class?

Best practice is to make a copy of master class, rather than using the original.  This avoids affecting grades of previous students and removing discussion posts, and also prevents issues that might occurs if using a class that has had students removed en mass.

A class teacher or domain admin can make a copy of the master class by clicking Manange Class -> Save Class As.  Once the copy has been ctreated,  tne original class can be made inactive.

I hope this helps.

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator
3 Replies
Community Moderator

Hi @Heidierin

Thanks for posting your question.  Do you know if you are using the Master Class?

Best practice is to make a copy of master class, rather than using the original.  This avoids affecting grades of previous students and removing discussion posts, and also prevents issues that might occurs if using a class that has had students removed en mass.

A class teacher or domain admin can make a copy of the master class by clicking Manange Class -> Save Class As.  Once the copy has been ctreated,  tne original class can be made inactive.

I hope this helps.

Michelle B
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Thank you @MichelleB Worked like a charm!

Community Moderator

I'm so glad!  And thanks for following up.  

Have a great Easter Weekend!!

Michelle B