Discussion board set up

Heidierin
Hobbyist

Discussion board set up

Hi there ~

We have two boards, one allows quite a bit of the discussion to be viewed and has a full slider to the side. 

Student More view with slider.png

The other board has two separate sliders and you can barely read the submissions, regardless of chooseing Less/More for the view

Student Less view.png

Is this a set up issue?

Thanks in advance for any ideas the group might have.

Cheers~
Heidi

11 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Discussion board set up

Thank you for your post in the Community!

It appears the second image has a longer description causing the message under the description to minimize so the user must scroll to the right of the message to view the reply.  The first screenshot doesn't have a description, therefore, the message can show in a larger view on the screen.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Hi Jamie ~ 
Thanks for jumping in. The screen shots didn't do justice for the difference between the boards, and now the difference our two sections are experiencing. I made a screen share video that better shows the scroll bar that's missing from one of our classes.

https://youtu.be/ovQ-KIKwsMc

Thanks for all your input and help!

Cheers~

Heidi

Community Moderator

Thank you for providing a video of the discussion boards!

It appears the screen size is the reason the scroll bar appears for one discussion and not for the other.  If the discussion fits on the screen, the scroll bar will not appear.  If the discussion does not fit on the screen, the main scroll bar on the left will appear.  You can test the discussion without the main scroll bar by enlarging the screen size (ctrl and the + button at the same time).  The main scroll bar should appear when the screen is zoomed in further.

The issue regarding the toggle between more and less options at the top of the page is a known issue with PowerSchool Learning.  The PowerSchool Development team are aware and working to resolve the issue quickly.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Thank you Jamie - I just sent directions to the class and we have success!

Cheers~

Heidi

Highlighted
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Hi Again ~

We're still having trouble with being able to view enough of the discussion board to make it useful...I made another video using the previous instructions (Cmd or ctrl key and +) It worked when I tested it but today it's not for myself or students. Please help - I have very frustrated students!

https://www.loom.com/share/d905af3124f2402fb160af17a63dcdc5

Thanks in advance!
Heidi

Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing another video!

I noticed in the video the scroll bar from the discussion board stopped because the main browser scroll bar was stopped in the middle.  Will you try scrolling the browser bar down then moving the discussion bar?

Jamie H.
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Hi @jamiem7 here's another video ( I love Loom!)

https://www.loom.com/share/654c12b058284baa999624df5358646c

Community Moderator

Thank you for sending another video!  I'm sorry you are continuing to experience this issue!

Will you share the computer screen size you are working with in this video?

Jamie H.
Heidierin
Hobbyist

Hi @jamiem7 

My screen is 13in laptop and I'm not sure about the students. I would imagine a variety of laptops, tablets and desktops. I did hear from the other instructor she had continued issues and she simple keeps logging in/out and eventually it works. 

Cheers~

Heidi