Critical Error — Can't Export IMS Common Cartridge Format

Recruit

Critical Error — Can't Export IMS Common Cartridge Format

When I try and export IMS Common Cartridge Format files from the My Haiku/Powerschool application I'm often getting the following error message:

Error: Error exporting content

It's critical that this is solved promptly.  Please advise ASAP.  And, is this really the best place to contact technical support?  Weird.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Critical Error — Can't Export IMS Common Cartridge Format

Hello @johnnydanger,

I am sorry to know about the trouble you are facing while trying to export IMS Common Cartridge Format. There are a few limitations to the export process such as when Common Cartridge Format could be used and also the elements that could be included in the export. 

The article "How do I export my class content in Common Cartridge format, and what is included?" describes every detail and limitation of the export process elaborately.

I recommend going through the article and rechecking if everything in your IMS Common Cartridge Format files is according to the rules. If you still continue to face the error, the PowerSchool Learning Support team would be glad to look into the details of the export file. Visit the Help menu located inside of your PowerSchool Learning account to create a new case with the PowerSchool Learning Support Team.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
Hobbyist

My staff and I are having the same issues.  They are trying to tell me that it is something within my content that is blocking the export when in fact I already exported the same class to a common cartridge two weeks ago with no issues - which tells me that the problem is probably on their end, not ours.  We are switching to a new LMS and people just want to take the content they created.  

My personal class page is only filled with files, weblinks, and videos all of which match the criteria for a common cartridge.

Also when I first contacted Live Assist I was told this was a known issue and they were addressing it.  THEN when it was escalated, it was suggested that teachers deleted items one at a time and try to export after each delete to see if that item was corrupting the export!!!! Can you imagine how time-consuming that would be for someone who built an entire course online? 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nsarver,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance!

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps given and if you still face the same error, then we need to look into your settings to assist in troubleshooting the issue further. I recommend reaching out to one of the Designated Support Contacts in your school district who should be able to work with support by creating a case.

Sowmya Karmel
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

The IMSCC export seems to be completely broken.  We are just trying to get our assessments/quiz questions out of My Haiku and it fails every time.  Since there is no question export functionality I am attempting to export IMSCC of the course.  To make absolutely sure the failure wasn't due to some unsupported content type I duplicated the course and deleted all of the course content except the assessments.  I'm still getting the same error whenever I try and export:

Error: Error exporting content

Not terribly helpful, nor should it be failing.

Our company is not part of a school district and we have no Designated Support Contact so not sure what to do here.  Powerschool has deemed that they no longer want to honor our prior account type and has severely limited our ability to use your services, so we're trying to pull our content and abandon ship.  This is critical to solve quickly.

Regards.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnnydanger,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through PowerSchool Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues exporting Common Cartridge. This is a known issue and our development team is working on it for a solution. I recommend reaching out to support to request updates once the issue is resolved. To create a case navigate to help menu located inside of your PowerSchool Learning account.

Sowmya Karmel
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!