Create users and assign to a class via CSV upload

alexwGC
Journeyman

Create users and assign to a class via CSV upload

Hello,

I am trying to import students to classes using a CSV upload.  The student accounts will be new.  Currently I am uploading an "update users" file once to create the accounts and then separately uploading an "update roster" file to assign those students to a class.  Is it possible to package these files into the same .zip folder under the partial upload system to do both steps at once, or do I have to do this via two separate upload steps? 

I know this may seem like a strange request, but it would actually save me some time if I could do both files in the same upload.  Currently I get an error as the system seems to try to process the roster file before the user file and the user doesn't exist (yet!)

Alex

3 Replies
SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @alexwGC 

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through PowerSchool Community!

In Community, we have a great knowledge base article that will walk you through Importing Accounts and Classes into PowerSchool Learning. I recommend reviewing the knowledge base article for student imports. 

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
alexwGC
Journeyman

Dear Sowmya,

I did see that article and related resources, but it does not answer my question.

Thanks,

Alex

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @alexwGC 

You should be able to pack the files into the same .zip folder under the partial upload system. If you are facing issues uploading files, I recommend reaching out to support for further assistance. 

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!