Copy Grades

Highlighted
SeanR
Learner

Copy Grades

PS recently allowed us to copy grade calculations and paste into other classes. I use categlory weights. This has saved me a ton of time. The next thing I am hoping they can do is have it so I can copy and paste grades from one class to another. I will teach a construction class, but the course is broken up into modules (floor framing, wall framing, electrical, etc) which show up as their own 'classes' on PS. All of the modules have a safety component. These marks go into every class in PS. It would be a massive time saver if I could simply copy and paste my students safety marks. 

3 Replies
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Copy Grades

Hi @SeanR,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community, and thank you for your question.

Copying grades between classes may be possible depending upon the product that you're using. Based upon what you wrote, it sounds like your school uses PowerTeacher pro, but just to be sure, are you working with PowerTeacher Pro or PowerSchool Learning?

Thank you!

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
SeanR
Learner

Power Teacher Pro

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

With PowerTeacher Pro, in order to copy assignment grades between sections, you will need to export a scores template. In order to export a scores template for an assignment, you can perform the following steps:

• Select an assignment from the Assignment List.
  • Select the gear and choose Export Score Template. If scores exist for the assignment, you can include the scores in the export, or opt to export only the assignment and student information.
  • To view the export scores template, navigate to where the export scores template was saved and open it. The download location is determined by your browser settings.

Then, in the destination class, you can perform the following steps to import 

• Select an assignment from the Assignment List. 
  • Select the gear and choose Import Scores.
  • Click Browse Files, then select the file you want to import.
  • Choose the Format from the pop-up menu.
  • If CSV or Text is selected, additional options appear:
  • Include First Row – select the checkbox if there is not a header row and all rows contain data to be imported.
  • File Score Type – This is the score type entered in the file you are importing. If the score type of the import file does not match the current score type of the assignment in PowerTeacher Pro, the score will automatically translate to the score-value currently used for the assignment.
  • For example, if you entered percentages in the import file, and the assignment is configured to use points, select Percent. When the file is imported, PowerTeacher Pro will automatically translate the percent values to points.

The PowerTeacher Pro User Guide on PowerSource has additional information on these steps starting on page 28 that may be helpful. You can find that guide here: https://support.powerschool.com/article/79083

Please note that you will need a PowerSource account in order to access the guide. If you do not have access to PowerSource, you may need to have one of your disctrict's administrators download or print the guide for you.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator