Cannot Attach OneDrive documents to Assignments using iPad

Shane-Whitford
Practitioner

Cannot Attach OneDrive documents to Assignments using iPad

I have found that both teachers and students cannot attach files from OneDrive to assignments while using an iPad. However, I have also found a work around that you may find useful.

When using a PC or Mac I find that the steps outlined here (How-do-I-attach-a-OneDrive-document-to-an-Assignment) work fine. From an iPad the process stalls after I get to step 3 and click Open. I would appreciate a fix to this issue in the future, but for the time being I am instructing our users to do the following to attach files from Onedrive when using an iPad.

Please note that you must have the OneDrive app installed on your iPad before you go any further. If you don't have the app, you can find it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-onedrive/id477537958?platform=ipad&preserveScrollPosition=...

Here is the work around:

1. Instead of tapping the attach from OneDrive button, tap the Attach a File button instead. Then tap "Browse ..." PSL Assignment OneDrive Browse to Files iPad.png
  2. Next you will see your iCloud Drive and if you have documents here, you can simply attach them. However, in our case we have OneDrive and I need to add OneDrive as a file location. If you already have OneDrive listed under locations skip to step 4.
  3. Tap Edit and you should see all of the apps that you can access with cloud storage. Tap the slider next to OneDrive to add it to your list of locations of files you can browse. Then click done.
  4. Tap OneDrive and navigate to the file you wish to attach and tap on it.Browse Files iPad.png

5. The file will upload and you should see it listed below the Attachments area.
  6. Click save and you are done!

Alternatively, if you have the slide over feature you can put the files app side by side with Safari and drag and drop files into the gray area that says "Drag a file here." To do this swipe up from the bottom of your iPad and then tap and drag the Files app to one side of the screen. Then browse through your files and then tap, hold, and drag the file to the gray box in Safari. It looks like this:Drag and Drop Files to PSL Assignment iPad.pngDrag and drop files on iPad to PowerSchool Learning

Shane Whitford
2 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Cannot Attach OneDrive documents to Assignments using iPad

Hi @Shane-Whitford!

Thank you for sharing this, that is great information! I would definitely encourage users with the same problem to try this workaround and see how it works for them as well. Please let us know!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Shane-Whitford
Practitioner

Re: Cannot Attach OneDrive documents to Assignments using iPad

@joshk wrote:

Hi @Shane-Whitford!

Thank you for sharing this, that is great information! I would definitely encourage users with the same problem to try this workaround and see how it works for them as well. Please let us know!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

You're welcome!

I hope it helps anyone who may be in the same situation. Thanks for the feedback!

Shane Whitford