Can students annotate documents they receive from teachers in Learning?

Highlighted
Jcampbellk
Hobbyist

Can students annotate documents they receive from teachers in Learning?

We do not currently use PS Learning but are considering it for next year. Our science and math teachers say their students need to be able to annotate documents they send them. I know that teachers can annotate students' work in Learning; can students annotate documents they receive from teachers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shane-Whitford
Practitioner

Re: Can students annotate documents they receive from teachers in Learning?

Hi! @Jcampbellk

We currently use PSL and do not have this feature, but we have requested it. I would love to know where this ability is at on the roadmap as our teachers have requested the same thing!

Currently, students turn in work and the teacher can open their turned in assignment using the Annotator. The annotator is great and works with Word, PDF, and image files. The system then sends back a copy of the original file as a PDF usually titled "Teacher Notes - V1".

Unfortunately, the students do not have access to the annotator at this time. They only have the option to re-upload a new assignment file. I hope this feature is coming soon!

Shane Whitford
1 Reply
Shane-Whitford
Practitioner

Re: Can students annotate documents they receive from teachers in Learning?

Hi! @Jcampbellk

We currently use PSL and do not have this feature, but we have requested it. I would love to know where this ability is at on the roadmap as our teachers have requested the same thing!

Currently, students turn in work and the teacher can open their turned in assignment using the Annotator. The annotator is great and works with Word, PDF, and image files. The system then sends back a copy of the original file as a PDF usually titled "Teacher Notes - V1".

Unfortunately, the students do not have access to the annotator at this time. They only have the option to re-upload a new assignment file. I hope this feature is coming soon!

Shane Whitford