Bulk Assign Permissions to Teachers

Highlighted
Achiever

Bulk Assign Permissions to Teachers

Is there a way to bulk-assign permissions to teachers by default?

We'd like to allow all Teachers to shadow students; is there a way to do this so all teachers can shadow without assigning permisisons one-by-one?

I found this article, but it only covers the assigning of permisisons. It does not mention how to assign the permissions to everyone.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bulk Assign Permissions to Teachers

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community!

You should be able to assign shadowing rights to a single teacher, a class, or a school.  The article below should walk through the steps of assigning shadowing rights within PowerSchool Learning.

How Can I Use Shadowing to Let Someone See USers' Classes or Grades?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Achiever

@jamiem7 That was indeed the article I was reading.

The part that I was hoping to work around was this:

For security reasons, you can only assign Shadow permissions to one user at a time. 

I am looking for a method for issuing shadow permission in bulk. That is to say: I need to give shadow permissions to every teacher in every school. At last count that's around 150 teachers in our MS and HS. That's a lot of clicking. 

It also means that every new teacher must be granted the shadow permission. That's a lot more clicking and yet another step in our new-teacher procedure. 

Is it possible to issue this permission to everyone at once? 

Because there is no way to create limited administrators, I can't even delegate this task out. Only super admins can do this task as far as I can tell which leaves it up to me and, uh, me.

The Repetitive Stress Injury in my mouse clicking hand thank you in advance for any possible solutions you can offer.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I apologize for my misunderstanding of your question!

The permission to shadow students must be assigned to one user at a time.  When assigning the shadowing permission, you can choose to give a user the ability to shadow one student, an entire class, or an entire school.  

I have requested the PowerSchool Learning Product Team to review the ability to add a feature that will allow administrators within PowerSchool Learning to assign the shadowing ability to the teacher role or multiple teachers at a time.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!