Badges for Teachers in PowerSchool

Highlighted
Journeyman

Badges for Teachers in PowerSchool

I'm playing around with badging.  Is it possible to award badges to teachers in our domain, or are badges strickly for students? 

I have some teachers listed as students in my class, but there is no button to add a badge to their profile. 

Thanks,

Stacy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Badges for Teachers in PowerSchool

This is a great question!

Currently, badges can be assigned to students.  If a teacher is a student in a class, then the teacher can receive a badge in that class.

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow badges for Teachers. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool Learning for all users.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is a great question!

Currently, badges can be assigned to students.  If a teacher is a student in a class, then the teacher can receive a badge in that class.

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow badges for Teachers. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool Learning for all users.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

Hobbyist

How can you add teachers to a class?  I'd like to also be able to assign badges and make announcements to teachers using the LMS.  THANKS! 

Highlighted
Veteran

Hi @nsarver,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  Currently, badges can be assigned to students.  If a teacher is a student in a class, then the teacher can receive a badge in that class.  I provided a link below that will provide further instruction on how to add a teacher to a class.  

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-General-FAQs/How-do-I-add-Students-Parents-or-co-Teachers-t...

I hope this information helps!

Angelam7

Highlighted
Hobbyist

It's definitely a start!!  I'm a tech coach in our district and I would love to be able to add teachers (giving them a similar role to students), so that I can use the LMS to send them announcements, assign badges for more PD related topics, create a wiki for them to collaborate on, etc.  

Highlighted
Veteran

Hi @nsarver,

I will be happy to submit a feature request to the PowerSchool Product Review Team on your behalf.  If additional information is needed someone from the review team will reach out to you.  

Thank you for providing your suggestions and posting in the Community.

Have a great day!

Angelam7

Highlighted
Apprentice

I would like this as well. Is there any update on this?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @Lnash7, thank you for posting on PowerSchool Community !!!

I understand that you prefer and encourage the idea of this feature to be added. I appreciate you bringing this to our notice.

I will emphasize this request to be looked upon by our developers soon.

Thank you again for your input and feel free to reach us with any suggestions for improvement for our products.